The calorimetry are finished. I’m still not sure about the gauge (you can see my gauge trauma here). I checked three times, and finally went with the size 9 needle, resulting in an enormous piece. I did E’s with 88 stitches cast on (size 9 needles), doing short rows until there were 26 stitches on each side. I then ripped mine out and reknit it on size 8 needles. It’s still pretty big. I’m thinking fewer stitches may be the way to go, but we are pretty happy with the finished products:

I need to dig through my bag to find the yarn information.

5 thoughts on “Matching!

  1. This is such a cute picture of you two! I love the name of your blog – it speaks to me.

  2. They are super cute! If it makes you feel any better, I blogged about my traumas with gauge and size on the Calorimetry as well. It was a struggle!!!!

  3. Your caliormetries look great!

    Lots of people in our Los Angeles Stitch ‘n Bitch group have knitted these. Everyone found them to be too big (unless they had lots of long hair to cover up). A few people cast on fewer stitches AND also went down to size 7 needles, using knitting worsted weight yarn.

    Ellen B.

  4. Ooh Calorimetry! That was a tricky project for me too! I ended up with a larger piece than it was meant to be, but it was just enough that I could keep my first version! You both look great!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s