I seem to be on a finishing streak around here. We’ll see how long it lasts. I finished my Inga hat this weekend, just in time for the weather to warm up. I wanted to take a picture before I steamed it, to remind myself how much blocking helps:
Doesn’t seem much different in the photos, but there is a big difference. The stitches look a lot better after blocking.
Pattern: Inga Hat
Yarn: Sublime Merino, Purple, off white and pink
Needles: size 3 and 5
I think I did an extra row on one sock.
Yarn: Interlacements Tiny Toes in the blues
Pattern: Toe up with feather and fan legs (54 stitches around)
Needles: Size 0 (2.0mm)
Having tried two socks on two circular needles, I decided it was time to try two socks on one circular needle. I’d picked up Melissa Morgan-Oakes Book, 2-at-a-time Socks recently and wanted to give it a try. So, I cast on the lovely Yarn Nerd 900 MHz mini merino that I won on Adam’s blog (I’ve never won anything before, so I was pretty excited). I decided I’d give the Monkey Socks a try. I’ve seen a lot of people having fun with this pattern, and so I figured I’d jump on the bandwagon. For some reason I felt the need to doubly challenge myself by trying a new technique and a new pattern. So far it’s going okay. I’m not sure I’m sold on the two at a time concept, but it’s fun to try new stuff! Here’s an initial shot of the project:
I really like this yarn. It’s smooth, and not at all splitty, and the colors are fun to watch come out! It isn’t a color I would have picked off the shelf, but I do like it a lot!